Monday, March 2, 2009

What a Week!

Carson and Christian enjoy a rare snow day in Alabama.

This week was certainly one to remember! We began the week with Carson in the hospital fighting a stomach flu that day by day swept through the whole family. When I last posted, I hoped Christian and I would be spared. But stomach pains hit me just as Joe was packing up to leave town for a business trip. Being home alone with four children and a stomach virus made for a long and difficult night. Just as my symptoms were beginning to ease, Christian came down with the bug too. Also during the weekend while Joe was away, we experienced torrential rain and tornado sirens, a leak in our roof and then snow. I was half expecting to fight a wild animal before the week was through!

But we made it through! We are so thankful to be resuming our normal routines, and flavorful food never tasted so good! Last week was challenging, but it brought more than its share of blessings too.



This pretty gift basket was an unexpected gift.

I learned that Emma's Sweet Shoppe themed Tea for 2 was voted best birthday party idea on Tip Junkie, so thank you for your vote! Joe coached Carson's basketball team to win the championship, and my name was drawn to win a gift basket at Rumbling Waters Baskets and Gift Registry in downtown Wetumpka. And so many of you shared sweet thoughts with me while we were sick. I appreciate your prayers so much, and now I am praying that others will be spared the illnesses that seem to be so prevalent right now.

I'm so glad to be getting caught up, and I'm wondering, what were the highs and lows in your week?

Blog Widget by LinkWithin