Friday, August 27, 2010

A Rosey Outlook



I am so excited about this weekend and three special events it brings. First, our ladies book club will meet tonight to discuss Crossing Oceans by Gina Holmes. We have planned a tranquil beach-themed gathering, so I will look forward to sharing all the details with you next week. Next, Mary Ashley, Emma and I will join our sweet friend Haley for her bridal luncheon Saturday. Haley is so precious to us, and we are excited to play a role in her special day. And finally, the biggest moment of the weekend and a huge answered prayer:

I will get to hug my Mother.

I have dreamed of this moment all summer, and I'm so glad that the time for our reunion has finally arrived. My parents flew home from Salt Lake City last night. I have baked cupcakes (my first in months) in anticipation of Mother's homecoming. I get choked up every time I think about seeing my parents again, so I can only imagine how emotional our reunion will be. After the difficulties our family has faced this summer, I think we are definitely overdue for an emotional release. So bring on the happy tears!
I hope you are expecting roses this weekend, too. Blessings to you, friends!
Blog Widget by LinkWithin