Friday, June 1, 2012

Spring Teacher Gift




"A truly special teacher is very wise, and sees tomorrow in every child's eyes." ~ Author Unknown




At the close of the school year, I like to surprise our elementary school teachers with flowers presented in a container they can reuse after the flowers fade.


This year I filled monogrammed pitchers with lemons -- some sliced, some halved and others left whole.






I filled each pitcher about halfway with lemon slices, and added warm water.





Then I added fresh blooms, like these hydrangeas from our yard.





When I was satisfied with the floral arrangement, I tucked more lemons into the pitcher to fill it the rest of the way.





To keep this gift economical, I picked up glass and acrylic pitchers at a discount store and took them to a local engraving shop to be monogrammed. They turned out beautifully, so I will keep this option in mind for wedding and birthday gifts.








These arrangements turned out so lovely and fragrant -- perfect for thanking our teachers for pouring themselves out for our children each day.





"In teaching you cannot see the fruit of a day's work. It is invisible and remains so, maybe for twenty years." ~ Jacques Barzun




Blog Widget by LinkWithin