Friday, July 14, 2017

Returning to My Garden of Sentiment




"In my garden there is a large place for sentiment." ~ Abram L. Urban


Imagine my surprise when I popped in to visit A Little Loveliness earlier this week and discovered the layout littered with advertisements. I had not heard about recent policy changes for an image-hosting site that was used in the course of redesigning my blog several years ago, so I was startled by the sudden demand for annual fees totaling several hundred dollars. Thankfully, my talented designer, Kassie Garlock of Designs by Kassie, was able to restore loveliness yesterday. A few elements have had to change as a result of the transfer, but I can't tell you how relieved I am to know that my online journal has been saved.

Although I am not able to post with the frequency I once did, this blog is still a quiet refuge -- a place for my heart to rest. I love to linger here and hope that you do, too! Many of my deepest thoughts, fondest memories, most prized family photos, and favorite recipes and creative ideas have been placed here for safekeeping. So today I am counting my blessings that I can return to this collection of thoughts and dreams.

The posy of peonies above -- a delightful surprise at my local grocery store -- seemed a fitting image to share in celebration of this new chapter for the blog. There is more loveliness just around the bend, with upcoming posts already planned with baby-shower ideas, a creative project, and a delicious salmon recipe. But first, a visit to a local tea room. Look for that review on Monday.

Have a lovely weekend! And if you want to settle in here to revisit some of the blissful moments we have shared over the years, feel free to join me.  



"My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The thoughts grow as freely as the flowers, and the dreams are as beautiful." ~ Abram L. Urban

Blog Widget by LinkWithin